Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Language Classes.

Go down 
+2
Nuhallis
vaboda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
vaboda

vaboda

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:35 pm

I believe there should be language classes, we are Jedi, after all and a language barrier probably isn't best for a Jedi, when it comes down to it, So why not add in language classes?
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 am

In my experiance, my character(s) have always studied languages on their own. Formal Classes or ''Handout's'' or ''Study Guides'' might be nice >.>. But it all depends on who ever is giving classes wants to teach.
Back to top Go down
Aegon

Aegon

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm

In my opinion each person shoudl learn Languges on there own thats why we have archives.
Back to top Go down
vaboda

vaboda

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Then you have people who go in the archives for a day, and are suddenly an expert at the language.
Back to top Go down
Aegon

Aegon

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 pm

They coudl make an rule easly that if you wish to learn a languge you have to do it slowly like for example if you were learning a languge for half iRP age aka 2 weeks iRL then you woudl know it but not perfect.
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:59 pm

When nuh was a young lad he studied Rodese for over a year... but at that time it was when things were slow and I legit had nothing else better to do with the lack of willing teachers....
Back to top Go down
vaboda

vaboda

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Well hey, as long as you can RP it and incorporate it into your story, it's fine.

p.s. nuhurugly. <3
Back to top Go down
Khatar Pearl

Khatar Pearl

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 am

Language classes are a good idea- and ICly I feel alot of people should learn languages but I think alot of people forget that Basic isn't the only language.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 pm

honestly this is an issue, as well as a topic for debate, sure there are some that will do it correctly but at the same time people abuse our ''lax'' way of monitoring abilities. Languages could also be abused in this manner, someone inevitabley will simply say when asked that they know a language that may or may not have been restricted in our archives. Then bam, argument. For now just use translators?
Back to top Go down
Leon Veilon

Leon Veilon

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:46 am

You could just get 1 to 1 tuition with your Master? RP-ly, they can teach you anything they want Smile (It seems like some Masters forget this, and I don't often see 1 to 1 sessions actually!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Language Classes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Classes.   Language Classes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Language Classes.
Page 1 of 1