Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.

Go down 
+3
Sirius Leos
MarlakKhatar
Pra Viilon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pra Viilon

Pra Viilon

Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. Empty
PostSubject: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:42 pm

I have read this article: http://30plusgamer.com/video-games-art-business/

Just wanted to start discussion here, what is your opinion about this?

Personally, I think games are art, though some companies make just for the money, and to get as much money as they can, which screws them up a lot.

The massive outcry with ME3's ending and the poor quality of Dragon Age II compared to the first game, is a proof that at least EA definitely screws things up a lot.

Whats your opinion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pra_viilon.webs.com/
MarlakKhatar

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Due to Youtube throwing around partenerships , gaming has become less art and more business. Considering that anyone with some extra cash on his stream , a good microphone , set of headphones and a webcam can make alot of money by simply reviewing games and such. So to say , it's more of a bussiness now.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Meh... honestly you need to do a fair bit of groundwork to get a channel like that up and profitable
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 pm

In my opinion, it just depends on the youtuber. Some have a passion for it and the money is just a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Dereck Le'inn

Dereck Le'inn

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:20 pm

When it comes to youtubers I think that there are indeed people with a passion for it, who do care about their fanbase and such. Games art or business? Depends wich game or producer or w.e. There are some games who are really satisfying and worth every bit of money you spent on it. A fact: I love the fallout and elder scrolls series this is one of those series/games that I think it's worth your money.

Summarized: I think games are a piece of art, how unlikely it might seem every now and then. Because there will always be good games, bad games or people who want to make a profit by releasing a shitty game. It simply amazes me that people can create these virtual worlds, and if done good, that suck you right in.
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

The people who make games are artists, the people who own the artists or sell the games are business-men.

Whether a game is art or business depends on who had the bigger influence.
Back to top Go down
Anarhan

Anarhan

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:52 pm

I've only bought games which I personally considered art, and truth be told, there's been done some good work into those games, for example Skyrim, GTA 4, the Arkham Trilogy. Just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.   Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Video games: art or bussiness? Your opinion.
Page 1 of 1