Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alssea

Alssea

Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality Empty
PostSubject: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

//
Those who pay the slightest bit of attention to my NPCs, know that I love to play what passes for villains in any semi-realistic universe. So, I decided to write a few short stories about them, maybe even organize to bring them back as actual enemies of DAJ, in the hopes of giving the order some personal villains (Because the Vong are way too faceless, if you ask me, and not just because they have no noses). Also, I posted it here, becaue I don't really wanna post in the archives, which are usually meant for admins and so on. Oh, and please let me know what you think.
Short stories to follow: Enemies of Peace, Enemies of Life
//

Enemies of Life

The inquisitor was looking into the distance. He could see the fire approaching, an explosion, bright and powerful, about to consume all of Coruscant. Already, the screams of the dead echoed in the force. He was too far from any point of refuge, nothing could protect him from the upcoming destruction, he wanted to make peace with the force.

But then there was her: Byeka, self-appointed lady of the dead.

She was like a shadow in the force, dark and yet non-threatening, present and yet untouchable. And she was here to take him with her, as she had claimed herself. The one-armed older woman, still having her eyes covered, began to talk again again:

"You are still in doubt, I see. But you will join me."

"Leave me be, Sith witch, I wish to spend my last moments alive by myself."

"Neither one nor the other. You will not be alone and this will not be your last moment alive. Your feelings are an open book, there are others close to you, living in relative safety. You wish to see them again, protect them from the approaching darkness. But you cannot without my help. All it takes, is that you submit to me."

"Your 'help'? You only plan to trick or use me, draw me to the dark side. But I am stronger than you think. I can withstand the temptation."

By now the sky was lighting up, the explosion was closing in, showing no sign of slowing down.

"Your answer will reveal itself in a moment, inquisitor. It is a simple choice between life or death."

"I have made my choice."

And the jedi closed his eyes, facing certain doom, as he felt it getting warmer. The dark side was now strong and thick like water around him, the pain, fear and death all contributed to that. But he would be strong, he had to accept his fate, he would-

And then there was the only that searing pain. For one moment. He had not even heard it coming, the explosion had been faster than the speed of sound.

And then, he came back to, opening his eyes. He felt self-concious. Something was not right. He was still sitting where he had been before, but the entire world felt grey and dark. All of it... except the one-armed woman in front of him. She seemed more real than before, all of the sudden. And then he spotted the shadows, creeping around her, following her, waiting for orders. Then realization hit him.

"No... I didn't!"

"You have made the right choice, jedi. You shall awaken, when I have need of you." Those words, and her chuckle, were the last things he heard, before he felt himself being drawn into the darkness. One moment of weakness, one moment of rash judgement, was all it took for Byeka to prevail.

For her it was time to move on. There were many more to join her, before the era of life would come to an end.

Enemies of Freedom

Zall Oris was standing at attention. Her uniform made it clear to everyone, that she was an imperial lieutenant, not that the people looking at her needed to be reminded. They knew quite a bit about the Zabrak in front of them. Three high-ranking officers were sitting on their elevated platform and looked down to her. Evaluating, pondering and almost threatening. Finally, the one to the left began:

"Lieutenant Zall Oris. You have distinguished yourself within the Yuuzhan Vong war, the deaths of your superiors have quickly advanced you through the ranks, to the point where you will soon hit the limit of what rank someone of your age can hold. We, however, do not intend to let this limit your usefulness."

The officer to the right continued, looking at several holoscreens, displaying all kinds of information about the present Oris.

"Your former fascination with the jedi has lead you to become quite knowlegable with their ways, their capabilities and of course: their weaknesses. The Empire would like to offer you an officer's position in one of its more sophisticated departments."

Zall was well aware what 'sophisticated' meant. Covered operations, something usually connected to the imperial intelligence. Finally, the center and highest ranking officer in front of her began to speak:

"The enemies of the empire are many and they are diverse. I will put this bluntly, do you believe you have what it takes to face the enemies of the empire, who call upon the force and use it against us?"

"I do, Sir."

"You will have a chance of proving yourself soon enough. You are deploying in two days, choose your men, your equipment and bring an end to the Empire's enemies."

At that moment, a fifth person stepped from the shadows and handed Zall a datapad, with the offered selection and information for her mission.

"Glory to the Empire, Lieutenant Oris."

"And glory to the Emperor."

She saluted, holding the datapad orderly in her other hand, before leaving the room.

Enemies of Morality

Yuveina was humming. She was sitting on top of a large sandrock, overlooking the plane where her force sensetive target would soon arrive. Once more, she checked if everything was in order:

- Two robotic arms were holding herself, as well as her rifle in place, just in case the force user tried moving them and to hold her aim still.
- A camoflage tent disguised her entire position as part of the rock she had taken position on, it was transparent from within.
- If she was noticed, there were several shrapnel mines, in case the jedi jumped to her position and a forcefield projector, who let through her projectiles but not plasma bolts, in case she was fired at.
- Her weapon was a slugthrower, a primitive rifle, by modern standards, but necessary for her targets. Not relying on explosions to propel the projectiles, her slugthrower was invisible and nigh unhearabler, especially since her camoflage tent also served as dampener for inside noise.
- Loaded was the rifle with "Taozin Hearts" bullets which had tiny pieces of Taozin skin in them, making said bullets invisible to the force and everyone using it.
- The rifle was also hooked up by wire to her glasses, who in turn had a wireless connection to a scanner around the target area. Graphical depiction on the glasses' surfaces informed her of wind and over factors, to show her exactly how the bullet would fly, once fired.
- If everything else failed, she had two flashbangs, a blaster and a shrapnel Flechette Pistol on her, just in case
- But should things really go wrong, there was glider with attached jetpack on her back, which allowed a faster retreat than on a speeder for a short while. Enough to reach her next position, anyway.
- And at last, there was the single mine she had placed, down at the target plane.

And now the time had come. She was ready and the target became visible. The force user seemed like one of the lightside, by the color of his robes. Over them, he wore chest armor, though by far not thick enough to stop her bullets in the slightest.

Then, it happened.
A remote blinked, a mine exploded, the force user created a barrier, with his back turned to Yuveina. A barely audible click. A tiny piece of metal, with a tiny piece of skin in it, shot through the air. A jedi was blind to a threat.

"Well done, Ms. Yuveina. Your payment has been transmitted."

Another day, another job.

Last edited by Alssea on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leenik Shodu

Leenik Shodu

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:37 pm

//Nice Avea I really like it, could you make something similar to this with Youngest sister as well?
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Beyond this point, there is no story, so you don't have to use "//"

And actually, the youngest sister is the main character of "Enemies of Life"
Back to top Go down
Leenik Shodu

Leenik Shodu

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Great! Can't wait to read it!
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Added "Enemies of Life", hope it doesn't disappoint!
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 am

I wrote another one, despite nobody reading them!

"Enemies of Morality"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality   Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality Empty

Back to top Go down

Short story: The Opponents of the Jedi - Enemies of Morality
Page 1 of 1