Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leon Veilon

Leon Veilon

The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... Empty
PostSubject: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 pm

You tell me, I'd like to know Smile I'm curious about this subject, and it just came to my mind because it seems that DAJ always leans towards the 'in-hiding' routine. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Discuss?
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Due to irp events this is the only option at the moment. When DAJ was founded we were originally an open order, but as we've breached into the galaxy we have hidden multiple times due to galactic events. Realistically we WOULD NOT be hidden if we had a choice.
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Temple Assaulted by Inquisitors, Few in Numbers, Galactic (Vong?) Invasion.... I would hate think of what we are doing if were not hiding... >.>
Back to top Go down
Xarav Matoa

Xarav Matoa

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 am

The hidden thing has always lead to recruitment issues though, many players have been turned off by DAJ because of our IRP behavior. In the past two years all I've ever really seen was confiscation of weapons and imprisonment by knights and over-eager padawans. We've lost a lot of potential members because of it.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:13 am

meh, we recruit people via scouting irp.. if people considered asking before just joining the server and roleplaying as they would a typical rp community, then they would find out, it is their own fault for not asking.... besides ive seen alot of people recruited in past times when we weren't so rp centric.. the issue is also a declining jka community so don't pin it all on over-eager knights and padawans.

in addition to this, if i were imprisoned rather than slept etc on a server that i believed to be rp i would roleplay with it... thats the point is it not... now alot of people may not be like me, but in this case i believe it is their own failing they are unwilling to roleplay appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Xarav Matoa

Xarav Matoa

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:43 am

Oh yeah, I agree with you there's two sides to every story, but, like i said, there still have been quite a few cases. I believe either way that as a clan, we should all make an effort to at least introduce people via PM when they're new, pretty much what Jaus does all of the time ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:05 pm

it is expected that people welcome newcomers anyway o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...   The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Advantages and Disadvantages of being a 'hidden' Order.. Again...
Page 1 of 1