Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

<<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi

Go down 
+4
Jack of Blades
Drakyl YukiShiro
Sirius Leos
Lirin le Roi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lirin le Roi

Lirin le Roi

<<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi Empty
PostSubject: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:27 am

(Alright, I know you guys didn't want the tired old cliches of dark and troubled pasts, but I guess I ended up making one anyway, since it seemed like the best way to include all of the issues I wanted to have to resolve over my character's development. A flawed character is the most fun to start with, in my opinion, so that you can build and fix them from there. Consequently, I ended up taking a somewhat psychological approach to a standard backstory. I hope it isn't too awful. In any case, I also apologize for the length of my bio. I was trying to include everything I wanted to fit in there, but it sort of got away from me. If it needs alteration, I'll be glad to do so.)

(Also, yes, TOR image. Yes, it's not totally accurate. I wanted to make my bio fancy, though, so I used it anyway, since other than the lack of the scars mentioned in her biography section, it's pretty true to what I had in mind.)

<<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi Tumblr_m6mheyfR8L1ru2dlxo1_500

(RP)Name - Lirin le Roi

(RP)Gender - Female.

(RP)Age - 13

(RP)Race - Mirialan

(RP)Place of Birth - Dantooine.

(RP)Why do you want to become a Dark Angels Jedi? - In order to follow the path taken by my mother, and, I hope, to prove useful to others, so as not to have wasted the chance, and the gift, that I was given... even if it bears its own burdens.

(RL)Age - 16.

(RL)Do you have friends/brothers/sisters in DAJ? - Not really. I briefly met a couple people from one DAJ or the other, and they seemed nice, but I can't really remember their names.

(RL)Have you read the DAJ Constitution and agreed to follow DAJ rules? - Yes.

(RP)Have you ever been a member of the Dark angels jedi before? and if so who/what rank were you? - No.

(RP)Other Names/Characters - None.

(RP)Previous Clans - No clans, although I have been briefly in a couple communities.

(RP)Short Biography - To understand Lirin's past, it is first necessary to understand the backgrounds of the ones who raised her. Her mother, Fleur, was a former Jedi Knight who, during a critical negotiation mission between natives and colonists on a largely unsettled planet, was unable to prevent the situation from erupting into conflict, and received a severe wound in the process, damaging her internal organs greatly. Although she survived the incident thanks to quick medical attention that managed to stabilize her vitals, she was incapable of continuing her duties in the field, and, wracked with guilt for failing to prevent what soon erupted into an all-out war, Fleur entered a self-imposed exile.

Having lived the large part of her childhood on Dantooine - the pleasant climate of which compared to the harshness of their homeworld had motivated a small community of Mirialans to pool their funds and emigrate there - Fleur returned to that place and, reuniting with a close friend from her childhood - a farmer named Senrin Gant - she ended up marrying him and settling down there.

The two had only one child, for shortly after Lirin's birth, Fleur's condition rapidly worsened, and, although the force sustained her ailing body for four years longer, she at last passed away, leaving an embittered husband in her wake. Senrin, feeling that the Jedi were responsible for the death of his beloved, came to despise the Order, a hatred which came to a head when his daughter, Lirin, also began showing signs of Force sensitivity. Senrin was not a cruel man by nature, but, driven by his desperation not to see his daughter join the Jedi and suffer the same fate as his wife, he began to seclude his daughter, trying to hide her from the public so that word of her Force sensitivity would not get out. And, any time that connection to the Force made itself manifest in the form of supernatural occurrences - small objects beginning to float, and the like, usually - he would grow angry, punishing his daughter - sometimes even violently - in the hopes that it might somehow drive the Force out of her. In the most violent of these fits, he lashed out even at the Mirialan tattoos Lirin bore, markings which symbolized above all else her Force sensitivity. Striking her across the face with a vibroknife, he dealt a permanent scar across her tattoos, one that remains to this day.

However, try though he might, he could not hide his daughter forever. Dantooine, being home to a small Jedi enclave, was not a place where an individual strong in the Force could go unnoticed for long. Sure enough, Lirin was found soon enough, when a Jedi Knight visiting to check on another Force sensitive Mirialan in the community stumbled across Lirin, and came to realize that she, too, was gifted in the Force. Although Senrin found the man and soon drove him away, growing even more protective of his daughter, his efforts were in vain. This realization was what finally pushed him over the edge.

Coming to request that his daughter, for her own safety, come and study at the enclave, the same knight was met with a violent welcome as Senrin, holed up within his home, actually opened fire with a blaster upon the man. Sensing that the girl was in danger, the knight broke into the compound, only to find Lirin being held hostage by her own father, who swore that he would rather kill her himself than surrender Lirin to the Jedi. Thinking quickly, the knight only barely managed to pull the madman's gun away from Lirin's head before he fired, causing the bolt to merely graze her instead of killing her. Disarming her father, the knight forced him to stand down. He needn't have bothered. As his frenzy subsided, Senrin came to realize what he had just tried to do, and, overcome with grief, at last relented, allowing the Jedi to take Lirin away for her own good.

Lirin thus came, through very disagreeable circumstances, to be taken to the Jedi at approximately age 10. For three years, she studied in the enclave. However, although she made rapid progress, the incidents surrounding her entry into the order had forever left their mark on her. Lirin felt that the reason why her father had punished her so harshly, and eventually even tried to kill her - an unsavory concept which she came thus to understand all too well at a very young age - was because she had somehow failed to be what he had wanted her to be, and because of that lingering sense of guilt, she found it difficult to interact with anyone without feeling as though she had to meet some sort of unspoken standard, fearing at every moment that she was somehow letting down both her teachers and her peers. This fear caused her to retreat into herself, as, terrified of failure, she felt herself to be somehow a burden and tried to avoid trouble the only way she knew how: the very same way her father had tried to keep her from being found. Secluding herself from others as best she could, Lirin spoke to and interacted with almost no one, if she could help it, finding it too difficult a task to overcome her fears and reach out to others. Nevertheless, even despite her fears, she was a very promising student, and the teachers at the Dantooine enclave did not wish to give up on her just yet.

Thus, it came about that Lirin was instead transferred to a new, and much better equipped temple, in the hopes that the more experienced masters at that academy could do what those on Dantooine could not. Lirin, too, knew what was expected of her, a fact which terrified her all the more. She knew that she was expected to overcome her fears, and to become worthy of the title "Jedi." Yet, that was much easier said than done, and once again, Lirin found herself to be afraid...

On a final note, Lirin is a rather odd individual, being kind and generous to a fault, but at the same time, so shy that she rarely reaches out to others at all. She is also quite the bookworm, a habit picked up to improve her knowledge as well as to distract her from loneliness. She'll read almost any book she can get her hands on, and then come back for more. Consequently, she has a rather extensive knowledge of the philosophical aspects of the Force, even if she isn't at all skilled in its practical applications. Consequently, she's been known to comprehend subjects most 13 year olds would be rather baffled by, such as the Unifying and Living Force ideologies. However, you wouldn't guess it by looking at, or even talking to her, as, due to her crippling shyness and lack of self-confidence, she rarely speaks her mind, even when asked a direct question.

Lirin bears several Mirialan tattoos across the bridge of her nose, representing in her people's culture the markings of a special destiny, that of force sensitivity. However, running along almost the same line as her tattoo, crossing the bridge of her nose from just beneath each eye, is a long, deep, and pale scar, caused when her irate father ran a knife across her face, marring the markings she bears. In addition, her upper right cheek bears slight burn scarring, left in the wake of a grazing wound from a blaster bolt.

Also, Lirin is essentially never seen without her customary hooded green cloak. Although tattered and a little large on her, she nonetheless wears the old garment at almost all times, treasuring it as a keepsake of her mother. It also helps that the hood hides her scars and markings alike, which, however minor, are a point of deep shame for her. Speaking of her mother, Lirin chooses to use her mother's last name of le Roi rather than her birth name, which would be Lirin Gant, as she has rather bad memories of her father, for obvious reasons.

That should be everything. Sorry for the wall of text. On a final note, is the Female Jedi Customization pack included with the DAJ pack? If not, may I use it? Some of the options are for Mirialans, so it would obviously come in handy for roleplaying as Lirin.

Thank you for your time. I hope to roleplay with you soon! ^^

Last edited by Lirin le Roi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:36 am

we have a mirialan female skin in the DAJ pack i believe... Welcome its good to see a new face.

Also i don't see that you have a dark past o.o We shun those who say things like...

ARRRR I ONCE WAS A SITH AND NOW I WANT BE JEDI BECAUSE BEING SITH GOT ME IN TROUBLE.

So yeah anyway you didn't do that. The bio looks nice!!!!!!!!! maybe a bit long but honestly its a really lovely read, welcome and i hope to see you on.
Back to top Go down
Drakyl YukiShiro
Founder
Drakyl YukiShiro

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:57 am

Hi, I don't make it a habit of admiring someones writing skills, but that's one of the most beautiful-well written character biography I have seen to date - And I have seen many - It's comprehensive very fascinating, it attracts you...Well done amazing job, I have no doubts you'll fit in just find...If your RP skills are as good as your writing skills of course.

On another note, Yes the DAJ pack has a Mirialan skin variation, and I fancy to meet your character iRP.

PS; her father is a douche >.>
Back to top Go down
http://dajclan.moroccorevolution.net
Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:01 am

Interesting biography.

Welcome, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Founder
Kain

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:29 am

Welcome new face!

And a big ''whooo'' on your bio...
Certainly impressive, im really curious on your RP skills ig, so i hope to see you on the server soon.

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Sylar Rush

Sylar Rush

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Many would agree here that I am kind of an " Nostalgia Critic " of biographies and backstories in general, and pointing out every nook and cranny that comes along with the writers´ skills and grammatical issues. But this is COSMIC, I fully agree with everyone here that this biography is something to be admired and looked up to for our new members to achieve.

I have seen a lot of biographies in my past, I will put this one on my top 11 list.
Back to top Go down
Anarhan

Anarhan

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm

This bio certainly is unique! All of it adds to her character personality.
Back to top Go down
Lirin le Roi

Lirin le Roi

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 am

Glad you all like it. :3 I'll try my best to meet up to your expectations on the server, then!
Back to top Go down
Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 am

I'm sure you will Smile.
Back to top Go down
Dereck Le'inn

Dereck Le'inn

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Aww man, it looks really nice. And it reads smoothly. Hope to see you in game. Welcome ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi   <<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi Empty

Back to top Go down

<<Accepted>> Lirin le Roi
Page 1 of 1