Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk: Classes

Go down 
+9
Elena Relara
Talirala
MarlakKhatar
Anarhan
Angelus
Nuhallis
Jack of Blades
Kain
Alssea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Giving the class list, the only thing mandatory for you to learn is form 0 and meditation, anything after that... well you dont really have to learn... but if you wana walk around with out the core force powers and such, well thats on you.
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Linn Dascora wrote:
"Skipping" classes would pretty much be the same as in real life. You skip potential knowledge and experience. What do you do in the mean time? That's a question that has to be thought about.

Seeing how this discussion is taking a turn towards the less offensive (I think), let us continue.

As I stated before, I would spend time, saved on the classes I find boring, to do classes that I find more interesting, like Diplomacy, History, Philosophy, Cultures around the universe and Politics.

So, getting to Vigil's point "well, why not just only learn those then?" well, because before long, the masters will tell you that you need to balance your training and must do the (subjectively) dull classes, in order to become a knight and teach others yourself. You can be the greatest philisopher on the planet, but until you are good with the blade, you will not reach the rank of a jedi knight and therefore not be allowed to teach your philosophy to fellow jedi.

Not to mention that nobody is going to take you along on any missions if you have only had a few combat classes and aren't prepared for things to get violent (which they almost always do).

So in that regard, I would say that they are mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:38 pm

To clarify a few things...

No classes are truly mandatory for knight....
It is essentially as strange as this sounds (when a character is ready and experienced enough)

Of course classes make life easier but you can get along fine on solo missions without combat as long as you use logical sense...

Err due to the outcry from the clan it is unlikely you will be put forwards for your skill point retainment... However we will continue to discuss the topic
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Not all jedi are trained combatants. It really just depends on the path you chose. You should '' in theory'' be able to become a knight with no combat training at all. It just depends on how well you RP a character.
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:57 pm

"Due to the outcry from the clan"? Are you saying that I am treated differently by the rules of the server, because people don't like me?
I don't have a problem with people not liking me, but knowingly treating me with a different regard for the rules, because of that seems a little hm.... not sure how to put it, but I think you know what I mean.

But seeing how classes are not mandatory at all to persue my character, I guess I don't really care care keeping my points. I mean it doesn't make sense, but I will just say that Avea banished the darkside from her mind and without it, doesn't know how to call upon the force, effectively forcing her to relearn everything.

When she is a knight or something, she can slowly retrieve her old knowlege, bit by bit, as if learning it in the first place.

If you would be so kind to unlock my application?
I think I have come to a conclussion, whether I keep my points or not.

Edit:
Thanks for clarifying this, Leos, takes a bother off my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:14 pm

I am saying that because of the rules and people's wish that they remain constant for all applicants that the rules will likely NOT be bent for your application as you requested.

What you were attempting to do is somewhat in breach with the protocol we have been using for other members that have joined which is why some folks were upset... Understandably.. Anyway I'm sure your questions would be appropriately answered by reading back in the topic...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk: Classes   Let's Talk: Classes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk: Classes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2