Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

--Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leon Veilon

Leon Veilon

--Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 pm

(RP)Name - Mortael

(RP)Gender - Male

(RP) Age - 21

(RP)Race - Himerian

(RP)Place of Birth - Himerius

(RP)Why do you want to become a Dark Angels Jedi? - To learn more about the exploration of space travel and technology, to see more and do more.

(RL)Age - 19

(RL)Do you have friends/brothers/sisters in DAJ? - Yes

(RL)Have you read the DAJ Constitution and agreed to follow DAJ rules? - No...... (Yes)

(RP)Have you ever been a member of the Dark angels jedi before? and if so who/what rank were you? Master

(RP)Other Names/Characters - Leon Veilon, Jadak, Xulian Corgac

(RP)Previous Clans - (DAJ) (JAWA) ::Jedi:: (KoV) !reVo

(RP)Short Biography (WIP) - Trained in the ways of the force at an early age, Mortael was the off-spring of a himerian tribe situated in the west of the Balorforth mountains. For the most part, he lived a seemingly fulfilling life, going on exhibitions and discovering artifacts- such as his very weapon, the lightsaber. However, as time went on, Mortael felt isolated and distracted from certain members of the tribe. He wanted much more and sought to be exiled, so that he may travel and explore many new wonders of the planet's surface.

Last edited by Mortael on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylar Rush

Sylar Rush

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Leon, I am glad that you decided to join us, I really am. In fact, I may be one of the happiest people in our community that you did this...But this character, it really makes no sense. And I will give you valid reasons, so it does not look I am trying to bash on you. I am merely trying to help, remember that.

Reason #1 : The age of the character...

Elaboration - Jedi have never initiated a person that is that old into the Order. You know the old saying, you can´t teach an old dog new tricks. His " cup " is already full, so he cannot learn much more than what he already knows, and to empty his " cup ", it would require decades upon decades to gain new views on the galaxy and the Force and the Way of the Jedi in an appropriate perspective.

Your character is also ( if you are entirely positive you want to go with that age ) is already fragile and weak, his constitution diminished, as is his mind for that matter ( senility ).

Also, learning the Force abilities at that age would prove an impossible feat, because one single ability would take him a few years to master, and if you want to master all of the said abilities, your character would already die of old age ( if you do not kill him off differently first ). Also, when we are on that subject, your character would have big problems re-getting his force-connection back, as we are currently in a war against most of the civilizations, and the springs of the Force are located deep in enemy territory. And our Council ( if memory serves ) do not possess the ability to restore that connection back.

Reason #2 : Let me be frank, I love the idea that you adapted to our current story-line and area, but since this planet is not cannon, I do not think Sirius would approve that you create a make-shift village on a planet he did not yet create or even planned to add a custom species on it. This is currently a taboos subject of what is on the planet and what kind of life-forms reside here. So yeah...Best consult with Sirius about things before you go and add that touch ( though if you had the go-ahead, my apologies ).

Reason #3 : Obtaining a lightsaber on a non-cannon planet...Yeah, read reason #2 for the most part. Since to my knowledge Jedi nor Sith or any other saber-wielding sentient have resided on the planet, it would be hard to explain how you got it.

Resolution of said problems : Well, I honestly suggest you re-think your character, and re-hash some species and everything else along the way. Because I think the Council would agree with me that this character is kind of out of place in our universe.

Like I said, I am not trying to bash you, I am merely trying to help.

~Sylar Rush.
Back to top Go down
Leon Veilon

Leon Veilon

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Reason #1 : The age of the character...

Elaboration - Jedi have never initiated a person that is that old into the Order. You know the old saying, you can´t teach an old dog new tricks. His " cup " is already full, so he cannot learn much more than what he already knows, and to empty his " cup ", it would require decades upon decades to gain new views on the galaxy and the Force and the Way of the Jedi in an appropriate perspective.

Justification: A long life span, and exceptions can be made to those who are naturally already adept in the ways of the force (especially those who could be considered a threat if not brought to light in the first place.)

Reason #2 : Let me be frank, I love the idea that you adapted to our current story-line and area, but since this planet is not cannon, I do not think Sirius would approve that you create a make-shift village on a planet he did not yet create or even planned to add a custom species on it. This is currently a taboos subject of what is on the planet and what kind of life-forms reside here. So yeah...Best consult with Sirius about things before you go and add that touch ( though if you had the go-ahead, my apologies ).

Justification: I spoke to Sirius about it.

Reason #3 : Obtaining a lightsaber on a non-cannon planet...Yeah, read reason #2 for the most part. Since to my knowledge Jedi nor Sith or any other saber-wielding sentient have resided on the planet, it would be hard to explain how you got it.

Justification: A desolate planet could have been once a prosperous planet with sentient-beings, or could have been home to a few Enclaves in the past, i.e. many thousands of years ago.
Back to top Go down
LukaNuva

LukaNuva

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:07 pm

In addition to long lifespans, age acceptance really depends on the order that is recruiting. While the Republic's Jedi Order was hesitant to recruit Anakin, Luke's was kind of desperate for members. Just look up Streen. Had to have been almost 70 when Luke found him...

Second point and justification is pretty solid, third it is.

The lightsaber...While both of you are quite right with either of your explanations/justifications, you could also add rouge Jedi/Sith(and by rouge I also mean exiled) having found/settled on Himerius and living out the rest of their lives. Whether or not they made a family in that time is irrelevant(possible in this case, but not necessary).

So yeah, even without reading Sylar's post, I can explain the logic behind about 80% of the character. The rest falls to minor details and Sirius' race, which seems to have been cleared up. I'll enjoy watching your contributions to the order. ^^
Back to top Go down
Nuhallis

Nuhallis

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 pm

New race with force sensitives, why would we not take one in so he can spread the jedi way to his people?

Also good to see you, i sooooo didn't think you were asi last night... >.>
Back to top Go down
Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Welcome back, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow   --Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow Empty

Back to top Go down

--Closed-- - Mortael, The Stranger in the Snow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Angels Jedi Order :: The Jedi Temple :: Application Request-
Jump to: