Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small competition!

Go down 
+3
Sylar Rush
Dereck Le'inn
Kain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain
Founder
Kain

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:05 am

Hello skinners,

For everyone who is interested... i want to do a small competition for skins for the space corps.
I know we havent had much trainings but im really planning on kicking it up when i finally get more time on my hands.

Now what kind of competition will this be?
Well its very simple, and as many of you might guess by now, its for space corps.

I like to see several designs for space uniforms, life suits.. officer clothes and w.e...
We have several ranks onboard the ship from security to engineer etc.
Having proper uniforms which are ''unique'' for DAJ that would be much cooler than a skin downloaded from a site or w.e.

So if you want to take part, just post here and keep your post updated with screenies!
It can be only one ''demo'' skin so dont worry, dont make a whole skinpack yet, we will vote on the best skins.

Goodluck!

K.YukiShiro
Back to top Go down
Dereck Le'inn

Dereck Le'inn

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Im willing to participate though I can only start next week wednesday
Back to top Go down
Kain
Founder
Kain

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:37 pm

No worries, i like to give everyone the time they need for their work so, feel free to do so next week ^^
Back to top Go down
Sylar Rush

Sylar Rush

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:29 pm

That´s what I get for being too lazy to learn how to skin/model. Oh well, I will give criticism on it, since I can´t do much else. XD
Back to top Go down
Jack of Blades

Jack of Blades

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:37 am

Well...I'm not a skinner either, but I wish everyone that's gonna compete here good luck Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
Drakyl YukiShiro
Founder
Drakyl YukiShiro

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 am

I'll play o.o
Back to top Go down
http://dajclan.moroccorevolution.net
Kain
Founder
Kain

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Anyone still busy with this topic??
Back to top Go down
Dereck Le'inn

Dereck Le'inn

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:14 pm

I am, though I worked on it past fall holiday I had. Wich was a week or 2-3 ago. I'm still here ^^
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 am

If people are still waiting on this, in about 20 days my exams will be over, and I would have time to get back to modelling for private reasons.

Just some questions:
-Can we invent the logo for the space corps too?
-Will their color scheme be dark, to suit the "Dark Angels"-name?
(-Can I add esthetic wings to the assault troopers?)
Back to top Go down
Kain
Founder
Kain

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 am

Well it should still be active but yeah people are busy with alot of stuff it seems.

And the logo will be created by Sirius.

There are no fixed colors for the skins, just be creative.

And the assault troops wont be needing wings 0.o
Back to top Go down
MarlakKhatar

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:44 am

May gonna give this a try..once I get my hands back on pakscape.
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Though to be honest, since there's not that many of us, maybe we should coordinate, instead of making it a competition?

A competition means that one result is used and the rest pretty much... good for nothing, after all.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Founder
Kain

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 pm

If you guys want to work together thats fine by me really.
Im just curious about the end results:)
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 am

In that case, I would like to do the assault troopers.

I was thinking of using Mandalore, from KotoR, as a base.
I am not sure, do I need anyone's permission for that? And if so, whose? I guess I can't ask LucasArts anymore...

They could be the guys responsible for extracting jedi from missions that went south.

Last edited by Alssea on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarlakKhatar

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am

If I get my hands back on my Marlak skin , I can do the uniforms and officer clothes. I had some wicked JPG-style models in it.
Back to top Go down
Alssea

Alssea

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Well, I did a little digging on the internet, and I remembered the complaint of whoever claims to have gotten permission from LucasArts to convert the Kotor models to JA (even though they apparently always denied this to other people in the past, bla bla bla).

I think I will just use the swamp trooper as base, instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Small competition! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small competition!   Small competition! Empty

Back to top Go down

Small competition!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Angels Jedi Order :: Off topic :: Graphic Alley-
Jump to: