Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Short Story - Wardens fall.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirius Leos

Sirius Leos

Short Story - Wardens fall. Empty
PostSubject: Short Story - Wardens fall.   Short Story - Wardens fall. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Wardens Fall

A crimson moon hung in the sky above as rocks rained down from the sky, shattering into pieces as they hit the blackened earth. Rivers of Lava ran red from the beating hearts of the volcano's with no end in sight, several of the natural monstrosities lay smouldering and dormant, lone pillars of smoke drifting lazily from their peaks. A small group of hooded individuals stood still and silent at the base of one of the mountains surrounded almost entirely by the lakes of magma. They were un-phased and merely stood and stared at what lay before them.

Nestled between the volcanic peaks lay a black citadel, colossal buildings of black metal while a gigantic lone figure in gleaming dark metal stood upon a spire in the center of the citadel. As the dark one raised a hand, the very fabric of the world seemed to respond to his will, large buildings seeming to spring from the very heart of Himerius herself giving birth to these new buildings. Seemingly unperturbed by this one of the figures in the group below began moving pushing her way to the front of the group, a silver breastplate gleamed from beneath her robes and icy blue eyes sparkled from below her hood. ''What are you waiting for, this is what we have trained all this time for. Now it has come you stand shaking in your boots" Her words sang out across the valley, and there was an uncomfortable shifting from the group standing before her.

''We were made wardens to protect his tomb, not to fight against him.'' a young gentle males voice came from the back of the crowd, a short male striding forwards, his eyes like emeralds his hair a deep tawny brown, in place of a breastplate of metal he was adorned in leather, many daggers glimmering on a baldric slung over his torso.
''The ancients did not predict that the spells would be undone, no they died in the effort it took to imprison him, do you expect us to do the same Sylevi?'' The young green eyed man continued, his voice while gentle struck the woman like hot knives digging deep into her flesh.

Sylevi stepped back, her eyes soley fixed on the young man. ''I come here to do my duty, i was born in this world and i will not see it made to ruin again'' She said this with conviction, however a small murmur of disapproval came from the crowd, they were reluctant and with good reason. It took legions of thousands to take down the dark one and his armies before, they numbered just twenty four, what could they hope to achieve. Sylevi scowled and turned, her tunic of smooth grey fabric billowed in the wind like silk behind her. ''If i must do this alone i will, for the sake of everyone on this world. We must strike while he is still weak from the imprisonment''

The young man sighed and unsheathed a pair of ornate thinly bladed daggers that had been concealed under his cloak. ''if you would will it, i am with you then, as are my brothers... Asphelas and Vinwé'' Two younger boys stepped forwards and drew their daggers, one slender a longsword strapped to his side, the second large and broad, unfitting of the group a large double bladed axe within his hands. The rest of the group drew their weapons and a mild enthusiasm began to rally, it was clear that there was still some doubt, but there was bound to be.

''Then come brothers and sisters, For himerius'' Sylevi yelled, beginning the long march forwards towards the large black citadel. At its front stood a huge gateway, the border an image of Izenfir, his Talons holding the clasps of the gate shut. As they approached, the statues eyes Gleamed a deep scarlet, and the slow unclasping of the talons began.

''Be ready.. once inside, we will charge the spire and kill the dark one.'' Sylevi lowered her left hand, a white mist quickly forming around the area and coalescing into the form of a large white bow that shimmered in the light. Upon her back more mist began to coalesce forming a magnificent quiver of gleaming white arrows, a pair of daggers sheathed upon the quiver. As the doors began to slide open in earnest the large.. slow beat of drums was heard from behind the door paired with the sound of maniacal high pitched laughter.
''No.. it cant be possible, its only been two days...'' Sylevi Said her... her heart dropped as several hundred figures came into view behind the door they were armed with spears and shields, clad in dark armor of the same design as the dark one upon his perch a blood red glow seemed to soak from the cracks in the armor itself seeming to coat the very floor they walked on in blood.

A cold echoing laugh seemed to rise up from the spire resounding through the valley and sending terror into the hearts of the small group at the base of the gate. ''Did you think me so ill prepared... Perhaps you should have paid more heed to the stories of your elders... You will not leave this valley... Aliveee'' Long pauses echoed between the dark ones words, his voice raspy and every strained inhalation of breath could be heard.

''R... Retreat'' Sylvei stammered as she stumbled backwards away from the approaching horde. As she fell backwards her bow splintered into a thousand pieces. The others seemed to have been immobilized entirely by fear and they simply looked on, dazed by the oncoming darkness. ''Flee you idiots there is no honor in dying today'' ''Dying'' Seemed to snap them back to their senses and in unison they began to break and flee.

Once more the dark voice echoed through the valley, a mocking laugh following them ''You cannot escape death...''
Back to top Go down

Short Story - Wardens fall.
Page 1 of 1