Dark Angels Jedi Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Angels Jedi Order

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy RolePlaying clan

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The ''unfair'' advantage Training Module

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xarav Matoa

Xarav Matoa

The ''unfair'' advantage Training Module Empty
PostSubject: The ''unfair'' advantage Training Module   The ''unfair'' advantage Training Module EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Participants: Xarav, Aegon, Jaina, Leenik, Marlak

What is the ''unfair'' advantage training drill?
-Set two teams. Three against two, and then four against one.

What is a common problem in many combat situations?.. Numbers. Numbers plays a psychological effect on us. If we are the ones carrying the numbers, we're generally more confident. Especially if some of our numbers are at a higher level than us. On the other-side, someone who is outnumbered generally feels fear. Say, the one person against a number of people might face a strong case of anxieties as they look into a wall of what may appear to be impossible in its very own physical definition.

During expeditions and my combat experiences with the Masters, I have studied this extensively. As well as why all of the above does not have to be true. Often times, people who have numbers do not train those numbers. They believe that their numbers are powerful because of that. This is false, and I'll tell you why...

You are alone, fighting four melee warriors. Four moving people. Four moving targets. You are alone, and only need to worry about yourself. A lightsaber, or a sword.. it matters not they are both long and dangerous. You take up such a small space whereas they take up a majority. An uncoordinated group will attack you and try to kill you. It often happens that one or more in the group are trying to get the kill themselves. This is when the coordination drops. They will attack eachother on accident while attempting to attack you. You must throw them into eachother, dodge and let them swing into eachother. Friendly fire is your ally. Once they start inflicting damage on eachother, they'll start stressing out and panicking, and this will lead to more friendly fire and more disorganization. By the time you know it, their numbers have dropped either by desertion, or knockout(or death).

Personal Notes:
-Jaina and Marlak understand this concept from past experiences
-Aegon is cocky. Blamed people jumping in his way as opposed to adapting his swings to avoid hitting them.
-When Jaina fell, she continued to observe the match and watch for what was happening... noting that the stress tensions were elevating considerably when Marlak, Leenik and Aegon were hitting eachother and some-what erm.. calling eachother out during the fight.

Feedback recieved at the end:
-Aegon: People need to stop rushing so much, and if they see an ally fighting they should try to sneak behind the opponent
-Marlak: Nothing I didn't know , session was over-all good.
-Leenik: It was fun much better then just free-for-alling,  also it's good to try something new and t's good that we sit here and share our experience with each other
-Jaina: It proved its point.

Another training session I devised up... this one based on my experience out in Kashyyk.

Thanks for reading,

Xarav
[logs off]
Back to top Go down

The ''unfair'' advantage Training Module
Page 1 of 1